• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ptw1953

ptw1953

@cakewalk you have it right in your question; it is a matter of filling the pan a bit more. Nothing more, nothing less.

I failed in my last 4 attempts at pain de mie, because I hadn't saved the changes I had made, to the recipe, in my recipes book. I had used the old 500g of flour recipe, instead of the new 750g of flour recipe. I used 750g today, et voila...

ptw1953

ptw1953

@cakewalk you have it right in your question; it is a matter of filling the pan a bit more. Nothing more, nothing less.

I failed in my last 4 attempts at pain de mie, because I hadn't saved thef changes I had made to the recipe, in my recipes book. I had used the old 500g of flour recipe, instead of the new 750g of flour recipe. I used 750g today, et voila...

ptw1953

ptw1953

@cakewalk you have it right in your question; it is a matter of filling the pan a bit more. nothing more, nothing less.

I failed in my last 4 attempts at pain de mie, because i hadn't made my notes of changes I had made to the recipe, in my recipes book. I had used the old 500g of flour recipe, instead of the 750g of flour recipe. I used 750g today, et voila...