• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

31 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I made the peasant bread today that @lindag linked to above.   This is a put everything in a bowl, mix together, let rise in same (unwashed) bowl, put in the pan in which you are going to bake it in, let rise uncovered, bake.  I don't think I have ever made a one-bowl bread before.  It was both easy and quick.  Not as flavourful as one that is fermented longer, but if I were looking for something easy and fast, I would make it again.  This was baked in my 1 quart ancient pyrex casserole dish.

This No-Knead Crusty White Bread is next on my list.

It's been on my list for some time since the CI No-Knead is one of my favorites.

Coming this weekend, if not sooner.

I hope you'll try it.

PS. I like that it is easily resized to one loaf which works best for me.

lindag

lindag

17 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I made the peasant bread today that @lindag linked to above.   This is a put everything in a bowl, mix together, let rise in same (unwashed) bowl, put in the pan in which you are going to bake it in, let rise uncovered, bake.  I don't think I have ever made a one-bowl bread before.  It was both easy and quick.  Not as flavourful as one that is fermented longer, but if I were looking for something easy and fast, I would make it again.  This was baked in my 1 quart ancient pyrex casserole dish.

It's been on my list for some time since the CI No-Knead is one of my favorites.

I hope you'll try it.

lindag

lindag

9 minutes ago, ElsieD said: