• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Steve Irby

Steve Irby

I've been baking Pan Bigio from Carol Field's Italian Baker for decades.  It's made with a biga and a blend of unbleached and whole wheat flour.  This week I finally bought Ken Forkish FWSY and incorporated his methods.  What a difference in the loaves.  Much better spring in the dutch oven and overall appearance.  I'm just easing into retirement  and can't wait to start fine tuning!

RusticItalianA.thumb.jpg.3691e2b7bd0e34a7a6ebc9e742ce0a5a.jpg

RusticItalianB.jpg

Steve Irby

Steve Irby

I've been baking Pan Bigio from Carol Field's Italian Baker for decades.  It's made with a biga and a blend of unbleached and whole wheat flour.  This week I finally bought Ken Forkish FWSY and incorporated his methods.  What a difference in the loaves.  Much better spring in the dutch oven and overall appearance.  I'm just easing into retirement  and can't wait to start fine tuning!

RusticItalian.thumb.jpg.3014b625d82a7282b7d06ab4338ad968.jpg

RusticItalianA.thumb.jpg.3691e2b7bd0e34a7a6ebc9e742ce0a5a.jpg

RusticItalianB.jpg