• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

@DianaB thank you for answering my question.  There are only two of us as well, and the loaf I made is a lot (too much) of bread for two people.  I'll try freezing some of the fermented dough next time and also make up some buns for sandwiches.  I haven't made a lot of sourdough bread so do not have a lot of experience and freezing the fermented dough didn't occur to me until you mentioned it.  

A question about your proofer:  how does it compare to just leaving your dough on the counter to rise?  

ElsieD

ElsieD

@DianaB thank you for answering my question.  There are only two of us as well, and the loaf I made is a lot (too much) of bread for two people.  I'll try freezing some of the fermented dough next time and also make up some buns for sandwiches.  I haven't made a lot of sourdough bread so do not have a lot of experience and freezing the fermented dough didn't occur to me until you mentioned it.  

A question about your proofer:  how does it compare to just leaving your dough on the counter to rise?  

George is a very handsome cat.  I don't believe I've seen him introduced in the off-topic non-stop human companions!