• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

21 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I hope at least the store offered some small kindness towards you.  I couldn't fault anyone but myself.

@JoNorvelleWalker,  I got up as quick as I could so no one saw me.  I did mention it to the first employee I saw so that she could clean up the cherry and the skid marks.  

Made two 500g flour batches of sourdough on Saturday.  One batch went into Sunday's pizzas and I pulled the second one out late this morning

and baked this afternoon.

100343987_SourdoughBaguettesbakedJuly10thdoughmadeJuly6th2019.thumb.jpg.9be1df1b0ad0d018defcb0fce3af13ee.jpg

Four small sourdough baguettes. Each one was started in the CSO on a stone, Bread setting and after 10 minutes moved to the stone in the Oster for another 10 minutes. 

Cuts the total baking time of four loaves down by half and I still get the benefit of the steam. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

21 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I hope at least the store offered some small kindness towards you.  I couldn't fault anyone but myself.

@JoNorvelleWalker,  I got up as quick as I could so no one saw me.  I did mention it to the first employee I saw so that she could clean up the cherry and the skid marks.  

Made two 500g flour batches of sourdough on Saturday.  One batch went into Sunday's pizzas and I pulled the second one out late this morning

and baked this afternoon.

100343987_SourdoughBaguettesbakedJuly10thdoughmadeJuly6th2019.thumb.jpg.9be1df1b0ad0d018defcb0fce3af13ee.jpg

Four small sourdough baguettes. Each one was started in the CSO on a stone, Bread setting and after 10 minutes moved to the stone in the Oster for another 10 minutes. 

Cuts the total baking time down by half and I still get the benefit of the steam.