• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

22 hours ago, liuzhou said:

While I don't actively dislike beans, with a few exceptions I wouldn't care if I never ate them again.

Exceptions:

chickpeas/garbanzos especially in lamb, mint and chickpea casserole. And, of course, hummus. 

lentils, I love

when I was a kid canned butter beans were a regular "vegetable" side with many meals. I haven't eaten them for over 40 years, but would like a try.

Me too! Love chickpeas and lentils! And fava beans fresh and dried. @Anna N, have you ever tried deep fried dry favas? It's a snack where I grew up. As well as chickpeas cooked under ash.

About beans, except for the giant corona beans, eaten in salad with good quality under oil tuna and red onions, I cannot care less. I tried only 1 time Rancho Gordo and the bells didn't sing for me.

10 hours ago, shain said:

I like mine fully cooked - meltingly tender and creamy. I also don't really care for cold beans of any kind.

My favorite dishes are probably hummus (obviously), pasta e fagioli

I always find fascinating how different we are from each other. Mors tua vita mea. I think I must be starving to eat pasta e fagioli, when was on the menu in my paternal house (and it's my sister specialty) I would find something else to eat :laugh:

Franci

Franci

While I don't actively dislike beans, with a few exceptions I wouldn't care if I never ate them again.

Exceptions:

chickpeas/garbanzos especially in lamb, mint and chickpea casserole. And, of course, hummus. 

lentils, I love

when I was a kid canned butter beans were a regular "vegetable" side with many meals. I haven't eaten them for over 40 years, but would like a try.

Me too! Love chickpeas and lentils! And fava beans fresh and dried. @Anna N, have you ever tried deep fried dry favas? It's a snack where I grew up. As well as chickpeas cooked under ash.

About beans, except for the giant corona beans, eaten in salad with good quality under oil tuna and red onions, I cannot care less. I tried only 1 time Rancho Gordo and the bells didn't sing for me.

I like mine fully cooked - meltingly tender and creamy. I also don't really care for cold beans of any kind.

I always find fascinating how different we are from each other. Mors tua vita mea. I think I must be starving to eat pasta e fagioli, when was on the menu in my paternal house (and it's my sister specialty) I would find something else to eat :laugh:

Franci

Franci

Exceptions:

lentils, I love

About beans, except for the giant corona beans, eaten in salad with good quality under oil tuna and red onions, I cannot care less. I tried only 1 time Rancho Gordo and I the bells didn't sing for me.

Franci

Franci

Exceptions:

lentils, I love

About beans, except for the giant corona beans, eaten in salad with good quality under oil tuna and red onions, I cannot care less. I tried only 1 time Rancho Gordo and I the bells didn't sing for me.

I always find fascinating how different we are from each other. Mors tua vita mea. I think I must be starving to eat pasta e fagioli, when was on the menu in mypaternal house (and it's my sister specialty) I would find something else to eat :laugh:

Franci

Franci

Exceptions:

lentils, I love

I always find fascinating how different we are from each other. Mors tua vita mea. I think I must be starving to eat pasta e fagioli, when was on the menu in my house (and it's my sister specialty) I would find something else to eat :laugh:

Franci

Franci

21 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Exceptions:

lentils, I love

I always find fascinating how different we are from each othere. Mors tua vita mea. I think I must be starving to eat pasta e fagioli, when was on the menu in my house (and it's my sister specialty) I would find something else to eat :laugh: