• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ProfessionalHobbit

ProfessionalHobbit

I adore them, but I can eat anything.

IMG_8612.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

I usually cook them very simply in water with herbs and a glug of olive oil.  Occasionally I'll add an onion studded with cloves.  Salt at the end.  I want the beans to be flavored as little as possible so that they don't overwhelm whatever it is I'm making.

IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

J'adore fava beans in particular.

IMG_5540.JPG

Fava bean salad with prosicutto, radish and mint

IMG_5717.JPG

Insalata di pomodoro e fave

This version had preserved lemon stirred in.  Dressing was lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper.

IMG_6460.JPG

Cooked Rancho Gordo Marcella beans, a type of cannellini bean.

IMG_6467.JPG

And I use them in everything from crostini to minestrone as you see here.

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_7785.JPG

It's cranberry bean season in the Bay Area, so lately I've been using them in brunch dishes.  Pictured are cranberry beans with chorizo sausage and heirloom tomato.

IMG_1989.JPG

Cranberry beans with roasted tomato confit

IMG_9061.JPG

BBQ sparerib and cranberry bean hash

ProfessionalHobbit

ProfessionalHobbit

I adore them, but I can eat anything.

IMG_8612.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

I usually cook them very simply in water with herbs and a glug of olive oil.  Occasionally I'll add an onion studded with cloves.  Salt at the end.  I want the beans to be flavored as little as possible so that they don't overwhelm whatever it is I'm making.

IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

J'adore fava beans in particular.

IMG_5540.JPG

Fava bean salad with prosicutto, radish and mint

IMG_5717.JPG

Insalata di pomodoro e fave

This version had preserved lemon stirred in.  Dressing was lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper.

IMG_6460.JPG

Cooked Rancho Gordo Marcella beans, a type of cannellini bean.

IMG_6467.JPG

And I use them in everything from crostini to minestrone as you see here.

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_7785.JPG

It's cranberry season in the Bay Area, so lately I've been using them in brunch dishes.  Pictured is cranberry beans with chorizo sausage and heirloom tomato.

IMG_1989.JPG

Cranberry beans with roasted tomato confit

IMG_9061.JPG

BBQ sparerib and cranberry bean hash