• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tere

Tere

This was one of the best meals I have had in the 6 years I have been back in the UK and anyone in the UK should run, not walk there before it gets its second star. Wonderful display of fun, innovation, and great cooking - reminiscent of L'enclume and Story but with strong Japanese influences and a big kitchen garden full of interesting stuff. Plus foraging <3

I need to write this up properly so bully me mercilessly please. I also need to actually book Sat Bains. I debated chef's table this time and didn't. Next time I would. They change their menu every quarter and I can see this being a regular haunt. It's an hour and 20 away from us but I said I'd happily be designated driver, it's that good - the wine flight was fantastic as well!

http://www.ynyshirhall.co.uk/dining/?gclid=CNbUqNHrvM8CFRM6Gwod0fAB-Q

IMG_7255 (480x640).jpg

(No food pics as hubby was embarrassed and it was his birthday present so I behaved :) )

I have the recipe for the pickled elderberries ;)

Tere

Tere

This was one of the best meals I have had in the 6 years I have been back in the UK and anyone in the UK should run, not walk there before it gets its second star. Wonderful display of fun, innovation, and great cooking - reminiscent of L'enclume and Story but with strong Japanese influences and a big kitchen garden full of interesting stuff. Plus foraging <3

I need to write this up properly so bully me mercilessly please. I also need to actually book Sat Bains. I debated chef's table this time and didn't. Next time I would. They change their menu every quarter and I can see this being a regular haunt. It's an hour and 20 away from us but I said I'd happily be designated driver, it's that good - the wine flight was fantastic as well!

http://www.ynyshirhall.co.uk/dining/?gclid=CNbUqNHrvM8CFRM6Gwod0fAB-Q

IMG_7255 (480x640).jpg

(No food pics as hubby was embarrassed and it was his birthday present so I behaved :)

I have the recipe for the pickled elderberries ;)