• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

11 hours ago, sartoric said:

Oh my ! The plating is amazing.

I think I need to know more about the crab rolls please....

Thank you for your flattery!.

Crab Rolls"

Most crab cake recipes are delicious, but they taste just like fish cakes.

So I am trying something different. I don’t have quantities for the ingredients, because I didn’t use a recipe.

Nowadays, canned crab meat is getting to be very good both in taste and in texture.

Inside:

1. Roasted flavored Sushi Nori snack. You can find this in Asian stores.

2. Thin sheets of unflavored scrambled eggs.

3. Cooked shiitake mushroom mixed with some flavored stuffing and blend to a powdery paste.

4. Sauce made with tartar sauce, a little ginger, pepper, scallion and wasabi powder. Mix well.

5. I used imitation crab legs unrolled as the wrappers, with a thin layer of the above sauce and rolled everything, with lots of crab meat from the can, into little cigars.

No cooking, no frying, to be enjoyed cold.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Crab Rolls"

So I am trying something different. I don’t have quantities for the ingredients, because I didn’t use a recipe.

Nowadays, canned crab meat is getting to be very good both in taste and in texture.

Inside:

3. Cooked shiitake mushroom mixed with some flavored stuffing and blend to a powdery paste.

4. Sauce made with tartar sauce, a little ginger, pepper, scallion and wasabi powder. Mix well.

5. I used imitation crab legs unrolled as the wrapper, with a thin layer of the above sauce and roll everything, with lots of crab meat from the can, into little cigars.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Crab Rolls"

Inside:

I used imitation crab legs unrolled as the wrapper, with a thin layer of the above sauce and roll everything, with lots of crab meat from the can, into little cigars.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Crab Rolls"

Inside:

I used imitation crab legs unrolled as the wrapper, with a thin layer of the above sauce and roll everything, with lots of crab meat from the can, into little cigars.

No cooking, to be enjoyed cold.

dcarch