• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AnythingButPlainChocolate

20 hours ago, pastryani said:

Thanks @AnythingButPlainChocolate - I'll have to try this.  Have you made it?  I'd really like to know the shelf life on these.  Even though it's been boiled I worry that they'd spoil after a day or two.

I make the port and Stilton every year for Christmas, they last at least a month (the alcohol is a good preserver in these) and the goats cheese I make as a summer chocolate, they tend to get eaten pretty quickly, but I've managed to have them around for several weeks without problems.

Let me know if you want recipes or advice on them.

20 hours ago, pastryani said:

Thanks @AnythingButPlainChocolate - I'll have to try this.  Have you made it?  I'd really like to know the shelf life on these.  Even though it's been boiled I worry that they'd spoil after a day or two.

I make the port and Stilton every year for Christmas, they last at least a month (the alcohol is a good preserver in these) and the goats cheese I make as a summer chocolate, they tend to get eaten pretty quickly, but I've managed to have them around for several weeks without problems.