• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

dcarch

G20 Conference China 2016 Dinner Menu

1 hour ago, dcarch said:

One of the very few occasions in my life I am stuck for words.  Beautiful presentation and dishes.  Incredible.  Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 1

OK, Just found out those were the food served at the recent G20 Summit meeting dinner.

G20_Turkey_Leaders_Summit_-_Working_Dinn

What is it that people want translating?

It's basically in two halves. First a description of some of the tableware etc. Then a list of the dishes served, with scant details of the recipes.

It someone is particularly interested in specific parts of this, then I will, time permitting, be willing.

To be honest though, you might be disappointed. It is very short on detail and more of a puff piece than anything else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gulfporter said:

Not what I expected....kind of plain.  Or maybe it loses something in translation

That was my first (and last) impression, too. All rather predictable and unimaginative - in both languages. But safe, I suppose.