• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

G20 Conference China 2016 Dinner Menu

dcarch

1 hour ago, dcarch said:

One of the very few occasions in my life I am stuck for words.  Beautiful presentation and dishes.  Incredible.  Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 1

What is it that people want translating?

It's basically in two halves. First a description of some of the tableware etc. Then a list of the dishes served, with scant details of the recipes.

It someone is particularly interested in specific parts of this, then I will, time permitting, be willing.

To be honest though, you might be disappointed. It is very short on detail and more of a puff piece than anything else.

• Like 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gulfporter said:

Not what I expected....kind of plain.  Or maybe it loses something in translation

That was my first (and last) impression, too. All rather predictable and unimaginative - in both languages. But safe, I suppose.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto