• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc - Strutting her Stuff on the Boardwalk

Kerry Beal

6 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Only dining downside to OC is no EtOH, so restos are a little lacking. And not enough hotel rooms for a big group.

You can't even BYOB to restaurants in Ocean City.  They've held onto their blue laws as  much as possible.  It was only in 1986 that they changed the blue laws to allow businesses to remain open on Sundays. there are lots of interesting sounding restaurants in Ocean City, and the Point Liquor Store is only a couple of miles west across the marshes in Somers Point  and has a great selection of wines, beers and liquors.

• Like 1

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

6 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Another day - another boardwalk

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ocean City to watch the salt water taffy making 

Welcome to Maryland! Did you get that popcorn from Fishers?  How long are you in Ocean City?

6 hours ago, Arey said:

You can't even BYOB to restaurants in Ocean City.  They've held onto their blue laws as  much as possible.  It was only in 1986 that they changed the blue laws to allow businesses to remain open on Sundays. there are lots of interesting sounding restaurants in Ocean City, and the Point Liquor Store is only a couple of miles west across the marshes in Somers Point  and has a great selection of wines, beers and liquors.

I've been in the liquor store at Somers Point, long before I was old enough to drink.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

8 hours ago, gfweb said:

@curls Kerry was at the real Ocean City. The one in NJ.

@gfweb thanks for the clarification! You're right, I was thinking of Ocean City, Maryland (for me, that is the real Ocean City).  ;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I've been in the liquor store at Somers Point, long before I was old enough to drink.

We  saw that liquor store. Figured we would hit it on the way back and forgot. There was no good liquor store we found between Tony Luke's and the airport. And nothing exciting at the duty-free.