• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc - Strutting her Stuff on the Boardwalk

Kerry Beal

Waiting in line at Angelos - at the bar

image.jpeg

negroni

image.jpeg

coke

image.jpeg

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

That is one nasty looking salad.

We had dug into it before taking the picture - so it wasn't as bad as it appeared.

• Like 1

Late dinner tonight - we set out for Pancho's Tacqueria - I'm directionally challenged so we turned left on Arctic instead of right. By the time we figured it out - we decided we were half way to the Borgato so we'd check it out for dinner. Well it was a bit more of a walk than we anticipated - through a rather sketchy neigbourhood then across a highway and over a big lawn, and up a huge ramp - but we got there! However anything that looked the slightest bit interesting in there was closed - so we jumped in a jitney to head back to town. Does 'jitney' bring pictures to your mind of a lovely caribbean driver sauntering along the road? Well picture instead a rather unhappy looking hispanic with a lead foot and no interest in stopping to pick people up or drop people off. He came very close to running over a pedestrian while he raced across the city like a bat out of hell. 

A short walk after our drop off point brought us back to Angelo's which was about a block from our hotel (to the right not the left). 

• Like 7

Gotta have a McD's breakfast fix now and again. I understand.  And you can rest assured when you lay your head down at night that no real food was harmed in the making of it.  

Edited to add:

Apparently there are worse things you could have for breakfast

Click

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpeg

pork porterhouse with sweet potato and Brussels sprout hash - sso gastrique 

image.jpeg

seared scallops

image.jpegpomme soufflé 

image.jpeg

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Anyone?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Taylor Pork Roll. Jersey staple. Sort of a cross between bacon and spam.  Tasty indeed fried up. Note the notches to prevent curling

Image result for taylor pork roll

Edited by gfweb (log)
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

Taylor Pork Roll. Jersey staple. Sort of a cross between bacon and spam.  Tasty indeed fried up. Note the notches to prevent curling

Image result for taylor pork roll

Got it in one!

• Like 1