• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

JoNorvelleWalker

Cuisinart Combo Steam/Convection Oven (Part 3)

@Shelby

sounds really good.   Ive forgotten I have some Penzey' Buttermilk salad dressing mix  ( dry )

Ill have to find it and bring it out.   Penzey's has some fine  ( dry ) salad dressing mixes

which ive forgotten about.  in the past Ive rehydrated them w 1 T of water then mixed result im Hellman's

and had some fine creamy dressings.

do you peel your russets  ' on purpose ?'

next time try 1/2 peeled the other 1/2 not and cook both as above and

see if yoo can taste any difference .

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

@Shelby

sounds really good.   Ive forgotten I have some Penzey' Buttermilk salad dressing mix  ( dry )

Ill have to find it and bring it out.   Penzey's has some fine  ( dry ) salad dressing mixes

which ive forgotten about.  in the past Ive dehydrated them w 1 T of water then mixed result im Hellman's

and had some fine creamy dressings.

do you peel your russets  ' on purpose ?'

next time to 1/2 peeled the other 1/2 not and cook both as above and

see if yoo can taste any difference .

These particular taters had seen better days and needed to be peeled.  Next time I'll try with skin :) 

I learned something.  I can't use my DeLonghi and the CSO at the same time, it trips the 20 amp breaker.  I just want my dinner.

(Though I must confess I was most relieved the CSO had not burned out.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I learned something.  I can't use my DeLonghi and the CSO at the same time, it trips the 20 amp breaker.  I just want my dinner.

(Though I must confess I was most relieved the CSO had not burned out.)

Do you not have one electrical outlet in your kitchen that has a dedicated breaker?  

3 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Do you not have one electrical outlet in your kitchen that has a dedicated breaker?  

Beats me, but I don't have much choice of where I plug things in.