• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisinart Combo Steam/Convection Oven (Part 3)

JoNorvelleWalker

10 hours ago, rotuts said:

I can see a Run on the CSO now that people realize one is not enough.

if it came in @ 200 USD on sale  delivered  ................

suprise.gif.0ae2038bb14df7a0e8ce12a6e9ee6c6c.gif

Well, right now it's on sale at Best Buy Canada for $199.99 CDN ($150 US?) and free delivery (within Canada). Do you have any Canadian friends who are planning a visit? I'd offer, but I travel along the west coast side of the two countries! 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cuisinart-cuisinart-steam-convection-toaster-oven-0-6-cu-ft-brushed-stainless-cso-300nc/10406509.aspx?

Edited by FauxPas
to add link (log)
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, blue_dolphin said:

Welcome to the club!  Don't you have 2 in active use?

I do!

Is it overkill to have 3 on the counter?

🤣

What prompted me to think about another one is that I have a $50 certificate to use at Williams Sonoma.  A while back they had the CSO 20% off, free shipping and then with my $50 off, it was a good price.  However, the model that they showed was the older 300, not the 300N.  I wanted the 300N.  Anyway, I got to researching and I cannot find anywhere that Cuisinart is coming out with a new model and they show the 300N as discontinued.  So, I ordered another off Amazon (was the correct model number that I wanted).   All that is the long way of saying I love this machine and I got nervous that I wouldn't be able to get another.  More often than not I have both of mine going at once during the making of dinner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I do!

Is it overkill to have 3 on the counter?

🤣

What prompted me to think about another one is that I have a $50 certificate to use at Williams Sonoma.  A while back they had the CSO 20% off, free shipping and then with my $50 off, it was a good price.  However, the model that they showed was the older 300, not the 300N.  I wanted the 300N.  Anyway, I got to researching and I cannot find anywhere that Cuisinart is coming out with a new model and they show the 300N as discontinued.  So, I ordered another off Amazon (was the correct model number that I wanted).   All that is the long way of saying I love this machine and I got nervous that I wouldn't be able to get another.  More often than not I have both of mine going at once during the making of dinner.

Aack!   Are you saying they have quit making them?  Or am I reading too much into your post?

Just now, ElsieD said:

Aack!   Are you saying they have quit making them?  Or am I reading too much into your post?

Yes, I think so.  

On the Cuisinart website it shows that it's discontinued and I can't find that they list a newer model.  They show a toaster oven, but not anything with steam.

Amazon also lists it as discontinued

I'd love to be wrong, though.

• Confused 1

I just ordered my back up from Amazon.ca, $199.00 Cnd with free shipping.  Seeing my 2 year old Panasonic microwave just died and the thought that it is likely discontinued made me pull the trigger.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

I just ordered my back up from Amazon.ca, $199.00 Cnd with free shipping.  Seeing my 2 year old Panasonic microwave just died and the thought that it is likely discontinued made me pull the trigger.

Thanks everyone.

Is it wrong that the thought of buying a 4th slipped in my brain just now?

😳

That is a really good price.  If it gets that low in the US, I'm not sure I could resist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Yes, I think so.  

On the Cuisinart website it shows that it's discontinued and I can't find that they list a newer model.  They show a toaster oven, but not anything with steam.

Amazon also lists it as discontinued

I'd love to be wrong, though.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appliances/toaster_ovens/cso-300n1

That is what is showing on the web site.  I called them and the person I spoke to, well, she did not fill me with confidence.  She did say the 300 was discontinued and replaced with the 300N1 (which I have), but, well, you ever talk to someone and they aren't really hearing what you are saying?  She also said they are not discontinued.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appliances/toaster_ovens/cso-300n1

That is what is showing on the web site.  I called them and the person I spoke to, well, she did not fill me with confidence.  She did say the 300 was discontinued and replaced with the 300N1 (which I have), but, well, you ever talk to someone and they aren't really hearing what you are saying?  She also said they are not discontinued.  

Lol, yes, I know exactly what you mean!

Good, then maybe I'm wrong.  I swear I looked all over the Cuisinart site under the toaster oven heading and I didn't see it.  

On a bad note, when I looked at Amazon just now--searching for the 300N1, there is one left and it's $199.99.

I do not need 4 steam boys

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Thanks everyone.

I's expect more from Panasonic.  Was it the combo?

What's a home without a steam boy in every room?!

Canadian Tire used to have them and they would go on sale at around $199 but they aren't carrying them anymore which is why I just went ahead and ordered one through Amazon and it's weird because they have three models for sale:

300NC is $381.25

300N1C is $199.00

300C is $305

The one I currently have (for about 3 years I think) is a 300C

No idea what the differences are amongst the models.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I's expect more from Panasonic.  Was it the combo?

No is was their NN-ST775S with the cyclonic inverter.  Purchased on sale at Canadian Tire just about two years ago.

I really liked it

To add to the confusion, I just checked Best Buy.  The have the CSO-300N1C for $199.99  (after $20 off) and they have the CSO-300N1C-1PKC for $329.99 (after $111.00 off). First time I have heard of the second one.  Maybe it is the 300N1C that is being discontinued and replaced with the 1PKC?  Quite the price differential.  I may need to pay Best Buy a visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Yeah the PKC is new to me too.

Very confusing.

I'd be willing to bet those:

CSO-300N1C

CSO-300N1C - 1PKC

are exactly the same thing.  The 2nd one is being sold by a 3rd party seller on the BestBuy site (BestBuy marketplace), not BestBuy themselves.  Probably just the 3rd party seller tacking some extra coding onto the model number for use in their own system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jer_vic said:

I'd be willing to bet those:

CSO-300N1C

CSO-300N1C - 1PKC

are exactly the same thing.  The 2nd one is being sold by a 3rd party seller on the BestBuy site (BestBuy marketplace), not BestBuy themselves.  Probably just the 3rd party seller tacking some extra coding onto the model number for use in their own system.

Could be.  I will be checking it out shortly.

• Like 1