• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

12 hours ago, cyalexa said:

My new CSO is up and running. The instructions specify tap water but I wonder if anyone uses distilled water? Also, the instructions specify emptying the water tank after use. Does anyone do that? 

I use Brita filtered water about half the time and don't empty the tank, but I keep it shady because algae will grow.  Emptying isn't a bad idea. That tank is a bitch to clean out.

gfweb

gfweb

12 hours ago, cyalexa said:

My new CSO is up and running. The instructions specify tap water but I wonder if anyone uses distilled water? Also, the instructions specify emptying the water tank after use. Does anyone do that? 

I use Brita filtered water and don't empty the tank, but I keep it shady because algae will grow.  Emptying isn't a bad idea. That tank is a bitch to clean out.