• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

10 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

I have been curious about the Broil Steam setting.

I cut medium carrots lengthwise into quarters then the lengths in half.  They were tossed in oil, salt and pepper.  Put them in at 450f for 12 minutes.  They were perfectly cooked with some browning on them.  Next time I would cut them thicker so I can roast them for longer to get more browning.

anyone using this setting?

Misread the method.  I thought it said bake/steam.  I will have to try the broil/steam, though.  I'd love to hear more about what people are using it for, too!

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

7 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

I have been curious about the Broil Steam setting.

I cut medium carrots lengthwise into quarters then the lengths in half.  They were tossed in oil, salt and pepper.  Put them in at 450f for 12 minutes.  They were perfectly cooked with some browning on them.  Next time I would cut them thicker so I can roast them for longer to get more browning.

anyone using this setting?

All the time.  It is wonderful for leftovers - especially crunchy stuff that gets too hard on convection.  I use it to reheat rolls and biscuits, too.  And, for me, it makes the perfect broccoli.  I'm not a fan of roasted broccoli - don't like all the little flowers to be crunchy - it ends up somewhere between steamed and roasted.