• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add steam!

2 hours ago, curls said:

Probably mentioned before... the CSO is amazing for reviving bread! I had some leftover tortillas from a fajita meal at a local restaurant. I had carefully wrapped them, sealed them in a freezer ziplock, stored in the fridge — looked fine this morning but not at all pliable. Put one in the CSO at 250 F on steam bake for a minute or two and it was just as good as fresh and made the perfect wrapper for my breakfast “taco”.

Agreed!  I store my homemade pita in the freezer and reheat them at 275°F on steam-bake for 3 min and they come out as soft and pillowy as when first baked. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, curls said:

Probably mentioned before... the CSO is amazing for reviving bread! I had some leftover tortillas from a fajita meal at a local restaurant. I had carefully wrapped them, sealed them in a freezer ziplock, stored in the fridge — looked fine this morning but not at all pliable. Put one in the CSO at 250 F on steam bake for a minute or two and it was just as good as fresh and made the perfect wrapper for my breakfast “taco”.

Agreed!  I store my homemade pita in the freezer and reheat them at 275°F for 3 min and they come out as soft and pillowy as when first baked.