• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

The CSO did a good job pinch hitting on dinner tonight in between a work trip and a weekend away.

Cooked a mixture of purple top turnips, Yukon Gold potatoes, fennel, and onion -- all sliced thinly -- on Steam Bake @ 375F for 30min. Atop that went the thighs and wings of what was supposed to be last night's rotisserie chicken, a dinner I missed thanks to a three hour flight delay. 15 more minutes, and dinner was served.

Deeply impressed by how the chicken came out -- I also put the skins from the breasts on top of the veg while they were cooking and those ended up as nice little croutons. The turnips were particularly nice.

Whole thing could have used a bit more creative seasoning, but I can't blame the oven for that.

dtremit

dtremit

The CSO did a good job pinch hitting on dinner tonight in between a work trip and a leisure trip.

Cooked a mixture of purple top turnips, Yukon Gold potatoes, fennel, and onion -- all sliced thinly -- on Steam Bake @ 375F for 30min. Atop that went the thighs and wings of what was supposed to be last night's rotisserie chicken, a dinner I missed thanks to a three hour flight delay. 15 more minutes, and dinner was served.

Deeply impressed by how the chicken came out -- I also put the skins from the breasts on top of the veg while they were cooking and those ended up as nice little croutons. The turnips were particularly nice.

Whole thing could have used a bit more creative seasoning, but I can't blame the oven for that.