• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Using @Okanagancook 's excellent template, today I cooked baby back ribs in the CSO.  I wondered about the length of time, 2 hours posted for the cook and after some discussion with Okanagan cook, decided to put them in 2 hours before planned dinner time and monitor them.  The question really was whether the time quoted was for side ribs or baby backs.  We tend to eat around 7:30 so they went in at 5:30, bake steam 300.  I was also making raspberry sorbet so asked john to bring in the ice cream machine and plug it in.  A while later I went to get the ice cream bowl out of it and horrors! He had unplugged the CSO to plug in the ice cream machine.  I have no idea how long it was off.  I put it back on left it for a while then  tested a piece of the meat (that would be the missing piece in the picture, sacrificed on the altar of quality control) and discovered it was done.  The rest of the meal wasn't.  The salad was quick enough to throw together, but the sweet potato fries needed to be baked.  In they went to the BSO Air and I put the ribs on the CSO warm setting.  My best guess is that they were on bake steam for an hour.  Pictures below, after marinating, after the cook and plated.  The recipe came from the NY Times cooking site and is called Chinese Style BBQ ribs.  The ribs were delicious, nice and moist and tender.  Should have gotten a CSO long ago.

20180719_172426.jpg

20180719_191511.jpg

20180719_191824.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Using @Okanagancook 's excellent template, today I cooked baby back ribs in the CSO.  I wondered about the length of time, 2 hours posted for the cook and after some discussion with Okanagan cook, decided to put them in 2 hours before planned dinner time and monitor them.  The question really was whether the time quoted was for side ribs or baby backs.  We tend to eat around 7:30 so they went in at 5:30, bake steam 300.  I was also making raspberry sorbet so asked john to bring in the ice cream machine and plug it in.  A while later I went to get the ice cream bowl out of it and horrors! He had unplugged the CSO to plug in the ice cream machine.  I have no idea how long it was off.  I put it back on left it for a while then  tested a piece of the meat (that would be the missing piece in the picture, sacrificed on the altar of quality control) and discovered it was done.  The rest of the meal wasn't.  The salad was quick enough to throw together, but the sweet potato fries needed to be baked.  In they went to the BSO Air and I put the ribs on the CSO warm setting.  My best guess is that they were on bake steam for an hour.  Pictures below, after marinating, after the cook and plated.  The recipe came from the NY Times cooking site and is called Chinese Style BBQ ribs.

20180719_172426.jpg