• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I did 4 turkey breasts in the CSB yesterday as part of the Freezer Clean Out program ,  these came from two frozen TB's about 8 lbs each.

I removed the two tendons from each breast and tied the up.  as you can see I didn't spend a lot of time on the Tie-Up :

TB 1.jpg

both sets looked like this going into the CSB  one has Penzey's Chicago Steak Rub on it and the other two had Sauer's  Prime Rib Rub on them

these are two of my favorite rubs.  Steam-Bake  30 - 35 minutes @ 350 F  I check at 30 with the thermapen , and pull them at bout 135 F.

TB's CSB'd.jpg

decided not to use bacon.   Pale and Flabby you say ?  Moist and Tender I say. 600 gms + for each of them.

Ill cut three in half, and vacuum bag and freeze for later use.  one stays out for now :  sandwiches and a turkey dinner or two

CSB's steam baking rivals SV in a way.  much quicker if you pay attention to the internal temp , as it can easily get away from you

Stock 1 & 2.jpg

the jus on the R is from the two steam-bake's tray   I just combined them for later use.

rotuts

rotuts

I did 4 turkey breasts in the CSB yesterday as part of the Freezer Clean Out program ,  these came from two frozen TB's about 8 lbs each.

I removed the two tendons from each breast and tied the up.  as you can see I didn't spend a lot of time on the Tie-Up :

TB 1.jpg

both sets looked like this going into the CSB  one has Penzey's Chicago Steak Rub on it and the other two had Sauer's  Prime Rib Rub on them

these are two of my favorite rubs.  Steam-Bake  30 - 35 minutes   I check at 30 with the thermapen , and pull them at bout 135 F.

TB's CSB'd.jpg

decided not to use bacon.   Pale and Flabby you say ?  Moist and Tender I say. 600 gms + for each of them.

Ill cut three in half, and vacuum bag and freeze for later use.  one stays out for now :  sandwiches and a turkey dinner or two

CSB's steam baking rivals SV in a way.  much quicker if you pay attention to the internal temp , as it can easily get away from you

Stock 1 & 2.jpg

the jus on the R is from the two steam-bake's tray   I just combined them for later use.

rotuts

rotuts

TB 1.jpg

these are two of my favorite rubs.  Steam-Bake  30 - 35 minutes   I check at 30 with the thermapen , and pull them at bout 135 F.

TB's CSB'd.jpg

decided not to use bacon.   Pale and Flabby you say ?  Moist and Tender I say.

Stock 1 & 2.jpg