• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

you should not place the CSB under a counter when ' Cook'n '   

that's my take    the steam outlets on the back top will eventually ruin your cabinets.

I also have both.   it took me a while to take the SteamPlunge   

Its well worth it to me.  size matters    but not that much in relation to the quality of the CSB's output.

I use my BVXL now just for brownies   ( 13 x 9  or so aluminum pan , edges crimped a bit ) and

Tj's fz pizza or other larger pizza that fit in the BVXL and not the CSB

Im sure Cuisinart chose to make it as it is based on its foot-print alone.

eventually you get a few pans that fit in the CSB   you don't need many.

the 1/4 sheet pan  is a game changer before you try out a CSB  and of course the additional expense ..

after you try the CSB , you completely forget about the 1/4 sheet pan.

rotuts

rotuts

you should not place the CSB under a counter when ' Cook'n '   

that's my take    the steam outlets on the back top will eventually ruin your cabinets.

I also have both.   it took me a while to take the SteamPlunge   

Its well worth it to me.  size matters    but not that much in relation to the quality of the CSB's output.

I use my BVXL now just for brownies   ( 13 x 9  or so aluminum pan , edges crimped a bit ) and

Tj's fz pizza or other larger pizza that fit in the BVXL and not the CSB

Im sure Cuisinart chose to make it as it is based on its foot-print alone.

eventually you get a few pans that fit in the CSB   you don't need many.