• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I have the feeling that super-steam generates a more saturated environment than steam-bake.

that's only a bit of a guess.

the way to solve this would be to measure the condensation and water loss from the reservoir at the same temp-time

for super steam and steam-bake.

I know many expensive commercial combi-ovens let you set the saturation for the steam at any temp.

Ive also noticed that at lower temps    i.e. 225 steam-bake  vs  400 steam-bake  more water is used from the reservoir 

and more condenses in the oven  ---   in your pan and down to the small reservoir.

I think @blue_dolphin  pointed this out up-thread.   Ive only used 225 steam-bake once and was surprised.

I think  two small pans have to take more time in the oven for a given result than one small pan.

there is a thermal gradient and it would take more energy  i.e. time to get both pans to the state of a single pan.

rotuts

rotuts

I have the feeling that super-steam generates a more saturated environment than steam-bake.

that's only a bit of a guess.

the way to solve this would be to measure the condensation and water loss from the reservoir at the same temp-time

for super steam and steam-bake.

I know many expensive commercial combi-ovens let you set the saturation for the steam at any temp.

Ive also noticed that at lower temps    i.e. 225 steam-bake  vs  400 steam-bake  more water is used from the reservoir 

and more condenses in the oven  ---   in your pan and down to the small reservoir.

I think  two small pans have to take more time in the oven for a given result than one small pan.

there is a thermal gradient and it would take more energy  i.e. time to get both pans to the state of a single pan.