• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Brie Toastie :

Brie Toatie.jpg

this was the finest one Ive made .   Lighty cured Brie dans le Cabinet  TJ's oozie Brie  sourdough toast ( TJ's ) and paper bag ripened tomatoes on the vine

I think this was much better as i left it in the CSB longer   ( there is a step-wise technique :  light toast the bread  , ? # 4  until just beginning to crisp but not brown

olive oil  ( TJ;s  Kalamata or Spanish  )  sliced tomatoes  , Brie  ( cabinet aged for a few days out of the wrapper.  its very flavorful and soft.  no hint of Ammonia ! )

assemble season lightly the tomatoes  w salt

steam broil 500 f   until nicely browned.    in the past  I set a broil time of maybe 6 , 7 min ?  then torched

in letting it finish in the CSB until it looked good : it was much more flavorful  the brie opened up quite a bit no torching above !

rotuts

rotuts

Brie Toastie :

Brie Toatie.jpg

this was the finest one Ive made .   Lighty cured dan le Cabinet  TJ's ooze Brie  sourdough toast ( TJ's ) and paper bag ripened tomatoes on the vine

I think this was much better as i left it in the CSB    ( there is a step-wise technique :  light toast the bread  , ? # 4  until just beginning to crisp but not brown

olive oil  ( TJ;s  Kalamata or Spanish  )  sliced tomatoes  , Brie   its very flavorful and soft.  no hint of Ammonia ! )

steam broil 500 f   until nicely browned.    in the past  I set a broil time of maybe 6 , 7 min ?  then torched

in letting it finish in the CSB  it was much more flavorful   no torching above !