• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

csingley

csingley

&@*! autocorrect

tmp_3322-IMG_20160901_181512908987192.jpg

Tonight's offering: stuffed mushrooms.

Especially craptastic photography, but the product was remarkably good - crunchy & browned on top; juicy & tender mushrooms.  Often these dry out & turn a bit leathery in the oven without steam.  This is one of the most dramatic improvements I've had with the steam bake method.

Preheat 375 degF; steam bake 20 min @ 375 degF.

The filling was simple.  Ground pork & diced onion parcooked with rosemary / S&P / pinch of crushed red.  Mixed with some breadcrumbs (I believe I made them with a bit of Parm & dried herbs), some chopped parsley, and an egg to bind.

csingley

csingley

&@*! autocorrect

Especially craptastic photography, but the product was remarkably good - crunchy & browned on top; juicy & tender mushrooms.  Often these dry out & turn a bit leathery in the oven without steam.  This is one of the most dramatic improvements I've had with the steam bake method.

The filling was simple.  Ground pork & diced onion parboiled with rosemary / S&P / pinch of crushed red.  Mixed with some breadcrumbs (I believe I made them with a bit of Parm & dried herbs), some chopped parsley, and an egg to bind.

csingley

csingley

The filling was simple.  Ground pork & diced onion parboiled with rosemary S&P pinch of crushed red.  Mixed with some breadcrumbs (I believe I made them with a bit of Park & dried herbs), some chopped parsley, and an egg to bind.