• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rustwood

rustwood

I just finished Real Food/Fake Food by Larry Olmsted.  I am glad I read it, but I ended up skimming through many sections.  It may be a bit too thorough to maintain my full attention.  I often felt the same point was being made over and over again for a given product.   Plus, I don't need to be presented with multiple lines of evidence to believe that there are a lot of scams and shady deals out there.  I am happy to have the info on which designations and sources are trustworthy though.

I just started Alton Brown's EveryDayCook.  I have only read the equipment and pantry sections, but so far it seems like it is going to be a light/easy read.  I am am ready for a bit of a break so that is just fine with me.

rustwood

rustwood

I just finished Real Food/Fake Food by Larry Olmsted.  I am glad I read it, but I ended up skimming through many sections.  It may have been a bit too thorough to maintain my full attention.  I often felt the same point was being made over and over again for a given product.   Plus, I don't need to be presented with multiple lines of evidence to believe that there are a lot of scams and shady deals out there.  I am happy to have the info on which designations and sources are trustworthy though.

I just started Alton Brown's EveryDayCook.  I have only read the equipment and pantry sections, but so far it seems like it is going to be a light/easy read.  I am am ready for a bit of a break so that is just fine with me.