• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Forgot to add picture

On 4/5/2017 at 3:44 PM, Anna N said:

image.jpeg.08ccf5477469c245a92d592662fe6f48.jpegAlso from @JAZ' book. It would have benefitted from just a little longer cook time.  Perhaps because once again I chose a 6 inch pan rather than a 7 inch pan and the extra depth of the batter made all the difference.  I would like to repeat this because the other concern was that there was no water at all left in the liner of the IP.   Did I perhaps mis-measure? Or is one cup not enough?  Will need to get more apples  before I can experiment.  Certainly I believe it is worth a repeat performance.

I made this yesterday and as you can see from the picture, it was a white, undercooked, very dense blob.  Yours, Anna, at least looks appetizing.  The flavour was great, and I think we would have enjoyed it had it turned out.  I followed the directions to a T, including checking to make sure the IP was set for high pressure.  I haven't a clue as to what went wrong.  Anyone else try this?

20170523_104505.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

On 4/5/2017 at 3:44 PM, Anna N said:

image.jpeg.08ccf5477469c245a92d592662fe6f48.jpegAlso from @JAZ' book. It would have benefitted from just a little longer cook time.  Perhaps because once again I chose a 6 inch pan rather than a 7 inch pan and the extra depth of the batter made all the difference.  I would like to repeat this because the other concern was that there was no water at all left in the liner of the IP.   Did I perhaps mis-measure? Or is one cup not enough?  Will need to get more apples  before I can experiment.  Certainly I believe it is worth a repeat performance.

I made this yesterday and as you can see from the picture, it was a white, undercooked, very dense blob.  Yours, Anna, at least looks appetizing.  The flavour was great, and I think we would have enjoyed it had it turned out.  I followed the directions to a T, including checking to make sure the IP was set for high pressure.  I haven't a clue as to what went wrong.  Anyone else try this?