• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@kayb. I put 1 quart worth of reconstituted dry milk and 1/3 cup Greek yogurt in my IP before bed and set it on the yogurt setting for 9 hours, which is what I usually do.   This morning I let it drain for a couple of hours and measured 1 1/2 cups whey which is what I usually get.  I whisked the yogurt to smooth it out and stuck it in the fridge.  When I got home this afternoon I checked it and I have wonderful yogurt.  No more preheating the milk for me!

When you say "dry milk" do you mean dry skim milk or are you using dry "whole" milk?

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@kayb. I put 1 quart worth of reconstituted dry milk and 1/3 cup Greek yogurt in my IP before bed and set it on the yogurt setting for 9 hours, which is what I usually do.   This morning I let it drain for a couple of hours and measured 1 1/2 cups whey which is what I usually get.  I whisked the yogurt to smooth it out and stuck it in the fridge.  When I got home this afternoon I checked it and I have wonderful yogurt.  No more preheating the milk for me!

When you say "dry milk" do you mean dry skim milk or you using dry "whole" milk?