• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, quiet1 said:

Also it gives me an opportunity for another Christmas gift for her - anyone have any IP specific cookbook recommendations? Must have accessories? (I am probably going to get her the glass lid for sure.) Bonus points if the cookbook has nutritional info since my mom needs to watch her sodium.

For a cookbook, I highly recommend @pazzaglia's Hip Pressure Cooking, however it does not contain the sort of nutritional breakdown for each recipe that you need.

Over on one of the IP Facebook groups, someone posted a link to this list of accessories that may be helpful for new IP users.  If you look through the list, you'll probably spot many items that you or your mom already have. 

Some sort of steamer basket is very helpful.  A small springform pan is nice for cheesecakes or other desserts.  I find the little silicone IP mitts to be very handy.  An extra silicone gasket may be a good idea - many people keep one for savory, onion/garlicky dishes and one for more neutral dishes or desserts.

She may not need the glass lid - I have a lid from another pan that fits very well. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, quiet1 said:

Also it gives me an opportunity for another Christmas gift for her - anyone have any IP specific cookbook recommendations? Must have accessories? (I am probably going to get her the glass lid for sure.) Bonus points if the cookbook has nutritional info since my mom needs to watch her sodium.

For a cookbook, I highly recommend @pazzaglia's Hip Pressure Cooking, however it does not contain the sort of nutritional breakdown for each recipe that you need.

Over on one of the IP Facebook groups, someone posted a link to this list of accessories that may be helpful for new IP users.  If you look through the list, you'll probably spot many items that you or your mom already have. 

Some sort of steamer basket is very helpful.  A small springform pan is nice for cheesecakes or other desserts.  I find the little silicone IP mitts to be very handy.  An extra silicone gasket may be a good idea - many people keep one for savory, onion/garlicky dishes and one for more neutral dishes or desserts.

She may not need the glass lid - I have a lid from another pan that fits very well.