• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Washington DC

StuartGrows

Hi Everyone!

I like food, and I like being independent. Gardening is a perfect combination of the two, and nothing is tastier than veggies and fruit so fresh that you literally just picked them from the plant. It yields the best flavor overall. I'm floored that more people don't do this!

• Like 1

You are exactly right! And welcome to eGullet. If you haven't found it already, check out the gardening thread; the preserving thread is great, too!

What are some of your favorites from the garden?

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Thanks!

Currently I am kinda obsessed with Cherry tomatoes and basil. For breakfast I'll have a slice of sourdough with avocado, cherry tomatoes and some basil, cracked pepper, salt, and crushed dried habanero pepper. 

I'll check out the preserving thread for sure, because I've been doing a lot of research on that lately. I'll hit up the garden threads as well, I could always use more advice on how not to kill my plants lol

• Like 1