• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Talking about pasteurized egg whites...

Franci

Can I find organic egg whites that will whip? In Europe it's so easy. You get shelf stable egg whites or refrigerated egg whites that whip. I couldn't do it the States. I sell a cake that just uses egg whites, I have a weekly excess of yolks for which I don't have use for now.  Also price it's an issue. I found egg whites in cartoons are generally too expensive and easier to throw away the yolks. I feel bad about it.

My needs can vary from 1kg to 2kg a week of egg whites depending on how busy it gets. Also, for me it's important to offer organic eggs. Suggestions?

Edited by Franci (log)

I have found some egg whites in cartons that will whip, but only because of added "whipping agent' stabilizers and definitely not organic. 

Might you add a yolk-heavy item in the future?  Lemon bars, lemon curd, yellow cake, egg yolk buttercream, sable' cookies?