• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Road trip UT NV

Leaving NY next week for a couple of days in Las Vegas, through Escalante to SLC for another couple of days, and then to Reno-San Francisco-LA-San Diego for another week ( but that belongs to another board).

I searched and read the past postings but there's not a lot of recent info on SLC. We're looking for off the beaten path, $-$$, any cuisine. Made a note on Elko NV for basque- any specific recommendations? It might work great for lunch on our way to Reno.

Thank you in advance.

The human mouth is called a pie hole. The human being is called a couch potato... They drive the food, they wear the food... That keeps the food hot, that keeps the food cold. That is the altar where they worship the food, that's what they eat when they've eaten too much food, that gets rid of the guilt triggered by eating more food. Food, food, food... Over the Hedge

It's quite a few years since I last got there, but I've had some delightful dinners at Bombay House. The food was excellent, and the price was modest. I also liked that the place was staffed by family members, and tips were shared throughout the operation: the cook got his share.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown