• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pineapple and Pearls tasting menu

chefmd

My husband and I were fortunate to snag reservation for two at Pineapple and Pearls restaurant in Washington DC. It is a coffee bar during the day and tasting menu only restaurant at night. 

http://www.pineappleandpearls.com/#the-cafe

Chef Aaron Silverman also has no reservations Rose's luxury restaurant that offers a la carte menu.

http://www.rosesluxury.com/

We sat at the bar where you only have to pay for the tasting menu and can buy drinks from the drink menu or getting a pairing option.  We ended up getting one pairing for the two of us and let me tell you, it was enough.

Food is 150 per person, beverages are 100 for alcoholic and 75 for non alcoholic pairing.  You have to pay for beverage pairing in the main dining room. 

First course was fennel absinthe bonbon.  Bonbon was filled with yogurt, raisins, lemon peel and absinthe was in the small glass under the Bon bon.

image.jpg

Dishes, glasses, and silverware were simply stunning during the entire meal.

• Like 2

Oysters and vodka sported an unimaginable pairing of vodka and yogurt.  I am severely tempted to go for it with my morning Greek yogurt routine...  

image.jpg

• Like 3

Charred sun gold tomatoes and peach broth was not my favorite dish of the evening.  Cashew purée on the bottom was delightful.  I was going to ask if they sell it in jars...

image.jpg

• Like 2

The most dramatic dish of the evening. Seafood curry heated in coffee percolator and served over assorted seafood and pickled/dehydrated enoki mushrooms.  It took two servers to oversee the process from start to finish.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

@curls I ate at Komi once many years ago and was not impressed.  Can't remember much about the meal but never wanted to return to give them another try. I probably need to go there again since it is consistently rated on top of varios lists.

On the other hand, I loooooved Pineapple and Pearls meal.