• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

WOW. I look away for just a couple of days and I'm 4 pages behind! What amazing meals. Life has been very busy here but I do take pictures.

On Satueday we spent the day at a (relatively - an hour drive. When you live out in the country that is "relatively near") art and music festival. (Colorscape , at Norwich, NY - if you live anywhere near I recommend it.) 

After a sun soaked day I didn't want to cook so dinner was left overs and stuff hanging around.  Some left over steak, a few spears of left over asparagus, the usual tomatoes ( I have about a bushel on the kitchen counter) with some cucumbers and some potatoes that I boiled and tossed with a vinaigrette. Bitter greens (endive and chicory and some fennel) from the garden.

DSC01652.jpg

Monday: slow roasted cherry tomato sauce with penne. Probably the last of this year as the cherry tomatoes are almost done. i guess I could make this with purchased cherry tomatoes but I never have.

DSC01653.jpg

Tonight- Grilled lamb tossed with a dressing of pureed tomatoes, roasted mustard seeds, ginger, basil and a little vinegar (the vinegar was not in the recipe but I thought it was needed) over bitter greens, roasted potatoes and a tomato and cucumber salad.

DSC01654.jpg

If you notice that Sunday is missing - we went out for pizza. Our favorite local place where somehow everyone there (and the place was full) connected somehow to each other. That's Cortland.

ElainaA

ElainaA

WOW. I look away for just a couple of days and I'm 4 pages behind! What amazing meals. Life has been very busy here but I do take pictures.

On Satueday we spent the day at a (relatively - an hour drive. When you live out in the country that is "relatively near") art and music festival. (Colorscape , at Norwich, NY - if you live anywhere near I recommend it.) 

After a sun soaked day I didn't want to cook so dinner was left overs and stuff hanging around.  Some left over steak, a few spears of left over asparagus, the usual tomatoes ( I have about a bushel on the kitchen counter) with some cucumbers and some potatoes that I boiled and tossed with a vinaigrette. Bitter greens (endive and chicory and some fennel) from the garden.

DSC01652.jpg

Monday: slow roasted cherry tomato sauce with penne. Probably the last of this year as the cherry tomatoes are almost done. i guess I could make this with purchased cherry tomatoes but I never have.

DSC01653.jpg

Tonight- Grilled lamb tossed with a dressing of pureed tomatoes, roasted mustard seeds, ginger, basil and a little vinegar (the vinegar was not in the recipe but I thought it was needed) over bitter greens, roasted potatoes and a tomato and cucumber salad.

DSC01654.jpg

If you notice that Sunday is missing - we went out for pizza. Out favorite local place where somehow everyone there (and the place was full) connected somehow to each other. That's Cortland.

ElainaA

ElainaA

After a sun soaked day I didn't want to cook so dinner was left overs and stuff hanging around.  Some left over steak, a few spears of left over asparagus, the usual tomatoes ( I have about a bushel on the kitchen counter) with some cucumbers and some potatoes that I boiled and tossed with a vinaigrette. Bitter greens (endive and chicory) from the garden.

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01654.jpg

If you notice that Sunday is missing - we went out for pizza. Out favorite local place where somehow everyone there (and the place was full) connected somehow to each other. That's Cortland.

ElainaA

ElainaA

After a sun soaked day I didn't want to cook so dinner was left overs and stuff hanging around.  Some left over steak, a few spears of left over asparagus, the usual tomatoes ( I have about a bushel on the kitchen counter) with some cucumbers and some potatoes that I boiled and tossed with a vinaigrette. Bitter greens (endive and chicory) from the garden.

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01654.jpg

If you notice that Sunday is missing - we went out for pizza. Out favorite local place where somehow everyone there (and the place was full) connected somehow to each other. That;s Cortland.