• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

added spuds

Roast beef dinner last night.  Meat sv'd at 132,  browned with magic browning powder, braised sweet and sour red cabbage (which goes better with pork than beef in my opinion) , tiny tomatoes just heated through with olive oil and fresh thyme, Yorkies, gravy, and some oven roasted potato slices.   Those tiny tomatoes are a revelation.  I first had them at a restaurant in Newfoundland and they blew me away.  I had never seen them before.  Last Saturday I went to a farmer's Market and lo and behold, one of the vendors was selling them.  I can eat them like candy.  They are about the size of my thumb nail.

20160911_200623.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Roast beef dinner last night.  Meat sv'd at 132,  browned with magic browning powder, braised sweet and sour red cabbage (which goes better with pork than beef in my opinion) , tiny tomatoes just heated through with olive oil and fresh thyme, and Yorkies and some gravy. Those tiny tomatoes are a revelation.  I first had them at a restaurant in Newfoundland and they blew me away.  I had never seen them before.  Last Saturday I went to a farmer's Market and lo and behold, one of the vendors was selling them.  I can eat them like candy.  They are about the size of my thumb nail.

20160911_200623.jpg