• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

S-i-l brought me a lovely piece of pork belly with skin on! Made my first siu yook a la TP's method. TP is a member (from Malaysia) of this forum but hasn't been posting either?
Her method was simple: dry the meat well, poke holes on the ski, rub with baking soda, and roast in the oven. Broil for a few minutes at the end, and voila!
Next time, I need to lower the roasting temp and increase the roasting time. It would have produced a more tender pork, but overall, VERY happy!
1 Siu Yook2479.jpg2 Siu Yook Slabs2477.jpg

Ziplock Bag Strawberry Ice-cream0004.jpg

For dessert, I made Ziplock Bag Ice-Cream with fresh strawberries/ Added salted almonds 'cos I love salty, sweet, and crunchy together.:)

Dejah

Dejah

S-i-l brought me a lovely piece of pork belly with skin on! Made my first siu yook a la TP's method. TP is a member (from Malaysia) of this forum but hasn't been posting either?
Her method was simple: dry the meat well, poke holes on the ski, rub with baking soda, and roast in the oven. Broil for a few minutes at the end, and voila!
Next time, I need to lower the roasting temp and increase the roasting time. It would have produced a more tender pork, but overall, VERY happy!
1 Siu Yook2479.jpg2 Siu Yook Slabs2477.jpg

Ziplock Bag Strawberry Ice-cream0004.jpg