• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

I've been taking pictures but not finding time to post so here are this week's meals:

Pasta with sausage and leeks. The garden leeks are just getting large enough to use. And a plate of tomatoes and cukes - this was a tasting plate including some of each of the full size tomato varieties that I grew. We mainly eat the cherry tomatoes and I process the large ones. I wanted a taste test to decide which ones will repeat next year.

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

Chicken breast baked with onions and mojito marinade from the Dinosaur Barbecue cookbook. I am afraid to think of what they are feeding these chickens - these breasts would make Dolly Parton feel inferior. With plain rice, some of the last of the local corn sauteed with shallots, seasoned with a little vinegar and a lot of basil and a tomato and cucumber salad. 

DSC01624.jpg

Steak with grilled vegetables (zucchini, tomato,onion, red pepper) and oven fries.

DSC01611.jpg

Pasta with tomato/roasted garlic/roasted pepper sauce. Besides last night dinner, there are 4 quarts of this in the freezer to enjoy this winter. Or sooner. There was a salad to go with.

DSC01623.jpg

ElainaA

ElainaA

I've been taking pictures but not finding time to post so here are this week's meals: