• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

I owe parts of both these dinners to various postings here - thanks to you all!

Hamburgers with hamburger relish from the recipe linked to by @FauxPas, local corn microwaved, thanks to several posts here (this is a timely technique - our drought level has just been raised to 'extreme') and, in the background, the requisite tomato and cucumber salad. We really, REALLY liked the relish- and it is supposed to be better in 3 months.

DSC01547.jpg

A grilled shoulder lamb chop with Julia Child's mustard marinade, the potato and zucchini torte that was also linked to here a while ago ( I just looked up the link and see it was again @FauxPas:D) and, of course, a plate of cukes and tomatoes.

DSC01544.jpgDSC01545.jpg

ElainaA

ElainaA

I owe parts of both these dinners to various postings here - thanks to you all!

Hamburgers with hamburger relish from the recipe linked to by @FauxPas, local corn microwaved, thanks to several posts here (this is a timely technique - our drought level has just been raised to 'extreme') and, in the background, the requisite tomato and cucumber salad. We really, REALLY liked the relish- and it is supposed to be better in 3 months.

DSC01547.jpg

A grilled shoulder lamb chop with Julia Child's mustard marinade, the potato and zucchini torte that was also linked to here a while ago (sorry, I do not remember who posted the link - if I can find it I will edit to give personal thanks) and, of course, a plate of cukes and tomatoes.

DSC01544.jpgDSC01545.jpg