• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KFC's 11 not-so-secret herbs and spices

Alex

On 6/15/2018 at 10:04 AM, ProfessionalHobbit said:

Perhaps this comment deserves its own thread...but I was wondering if anyone on eGullet had ever looked into the possibility of duplicating junk food at home, including, yes, KFC's famous recipe.

Don't laugh - apparently this is a thing that I never knew existed. There is a not-insignificant-percentage of food bloggers who regularly write about homemade Big Macs for example.

Yes. That'd be good. I've dabbled with: Dim Sims, Chiko Rolls, KFC O.R chicken, Violet Crumble/Crunch Bar/or chocolate coated honeycomb, then, Pancake Parlour's Tabriz Pancakes, variations on the Waldorf Salad, and developed a love-hate relationship with sauce thickeners and their post-frozen functionality. Most of these are still works in progress. I am growing my hair again so that I can pull it out in frustration again... :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2