• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

This weekend The Spice House is having a 10% off promotion.  Unfortunately not only was the the spice cabinet (shown above) overflowing, the bedroom and living room spice storage locations were getting crowded.

What to do?  I went through my cabinet and found 24 empty or near-empty or ought-to-be-empty bags and jars.  Plus a container of arborio rice -- not sure how that happened.  What's more I found duplicates and triplicates.  This fall I ran out of Aleppo pepper, and ordered a jar from Penzeys.  Tonight in the back of the cabinet I found a much larger jar of Aleppo pepper from The Spice House.  I moved the empty bottles to the living room and relocated the living room spice collection to the kitchen.

I felt virtuous.  Of course in the meantime I spent ninety some dollars at The Spice House.  And there's still the matter of the bedroom.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

This weekend The Spice House is having a 10% off promotion.  Unfortunately not only was the the spice cabinet (shown above) overflowing, the bedroom and living room spice storage locations were getting crowded.

What to do?  I went through my cabinet and found 24 empty or near-empty or ought-to-be-empty bags and jars.  Plus a container of arborio rice -- not sure how that happened.  What's more I found duplicates and triplicates.  This fall I ran out of Aleppo pepper, and ordered a jar from Penzeys.  Tonight in the back of the cabinet I found a much larger jar of Aleppo pepper from The Spice House.  I moved the empty bottles to the living room and relocated the living room spice collection to the kitchen.

I felt virtuous.  Of course in the mean time I spent ninety some dollars at The Spice House.  And there's still the matter of the bedroom.