• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Spain

pistacho

Hi,

My name is Chema and I am from Spain.

I have found this forum looking for information about Sous Vide cooking which is my main interest now in cooking (SV).
I like all kind of meals and try new dishes (not only SV). I know that SV is very good with meat, but I would also like to cook fish and vegetables in it. 

Hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Thanks

Chema

Edited by pistacho (log)
  • Like 3

Welcome, Chema!  I'm sure you've found the sous vide topics, and hope you will dive into the discussions.  If you have any questions about where to find things in the forums or how to use the forums, don't hesitate to ask a host (I am one) or post a question in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.

Do you have favorite meats or cuts to cook sous vide at present?  I just acquired an Anova and have begun to learn about using it.  I am especially impressed (so far) with chicken breast and shrimp.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thanks,

No favourite meats yet.
I have a SV Supreme, since last month, and until now, everything I SV'ed (Salmon, Sea Bass, Ribeye steak, Duck Breast, Lamb Shank, Pork Tenderloin, chicken breast, Carrots, eggs, etc) has been extremely good.

I'd rather eat fish, but meat are delicious when cooking with SV...

Thanks again

Welcome, Chema! I think my favorite use for the SV is to cook a steak, then chill it in the bag, and then finish it on the grill. I find chilling it first lets me get a good sear on the outside without overcooking the interior. Plus, it's convenient! I also love to do pork loin roasts and pork ribs.

Would love to hear from you about some of the Spanish dishes you cook. I love what I know of Spanish cuisine. In what general part of Spain do you live?

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

7 hours ago, kayb said:

I know little about the cuisine of that region. What are some of your standbys?

Burgos is really famous for its Roast Lamb and also for the best "morcilla" (blood sausage) in the world

• Like 3

14 hours ago, pistacho said:

Burgos is really famous for its Roast Lamb and also for the best "morcilla" (blood sausage) in the world

How is the lamb roasted?