• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Added link to new topic

So catching the golden ring isn't just a pilot fantasy, but applies in the food world as well.  That sounds like an interesting exercise you do.  Probably, given the nature of students, some of them will value the lesson later and realize what you were trying to say.

This is a new concept to me: 

23 minutes ago, Chris Ward said:

...most hotel restaurants are a necessary evil - you have to have one to attract customers, and you're happy if they break even.

Do you think that's peculiar to France, or to most developed countries?  I think I'll start a topic in the broader forums to ask.

Edit: and so I have. *click*

Smithy

Smithy

So catching the golden ring isn't just a pilot fantasy, but applies in the food world as well.  That sounds like an interesting exercise you do.  Probably, given the nature of students, some of them will value the lesson later and realize what you were trying to say.

This is a new concept to me: 

7 minutes ago, Chris Ward said:

...most hotel restaurants are a necessary evil - you have to have one to attract customers, and you're happy if they break even.

Do you think that's peculiar to France, or to most developed countries?  I think I'll start a topic in the broader forums to ask.