• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quadriga

What did you buy at the liquor store today? (2016 - )

227 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, EvergreenDan said:

Wut?

I re-read @tanstaafl2's reply. He is helping you determine the actual distillery. He neither contradicted anything you said nor implied that you were spreading false information. I appreciate @tanstaafl2's expertise, enjoy his posts, and usually learn something.

I was probably being oversensitive.

> ^ . . ^ <

12 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thanks for checking. Your link seems to refer to a J.B. Dant and my longtime brand was J.W. Dant. Maybe that was his great-great-great-great ... grandfather or something?

It doesn't really matter to me where it was distilled as long as the vodka tastes smooth and can pretty much disappear in water. I have found that in Bowman's and used to find it in Dant's.

I'm really sorry I opened up this can of worms and apologize if I offended anyone.

> ^ . . ^ <

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0