• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

typo

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, choux said:

Finally rememberd to put Canada Ddy tonic into the fridge(my baseline for tasting new gins), and oh my the Nikka gin is wonderful. 

Yuzu comes through very nicely. I cannot think of any similar gin to compare. I am slightly sad it is so delicious and also $80/bottle. 

Agreed, I love the Nikka coffey gin. I bought my second bottle a few weeks ago.

What is interesting about it as well is the long peppery finish (subtle yet noticeable). I love the fact that it incorporates all these interesting uniquely Japanese flavors, but is very restrained at the same time. It makes delicious sours - I used my first bottle to make Southsides mostly.

Luckily it is only about $50 in California! (It doesn't come in the fancy cardboard packaging though... :D)

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, choux said:

Finally rememberd to put Canada Ddy tonic into the fridge(my baseline for tasting new gins), and oh my the Nikka gin is wonderful. 

Yuzu comes through very nicely. I cannot think of any similar gin to compare. I am slightly sad it is so delicious and also $80/bottle. 

Agreed, I love the Nikka coffey gin. I bought my second bottle a few weeks ago.

What is interesting about it as well is the long peppery finish (subtle yet noticeable). I love the fact that it incorporates all these interesting uniquely Japanese flavors, but is very restrained at the same time. It makes delicious sours - I used my first bottle to make Southsides mostly.

Luckily it is only about $50 in California! (It doesn't come in the fancy carboard packaging though... :D)