• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rafa

Rafa

1 hour ago, Craig E said:

Which is a deeper rabbit hole, rums or amari? O.o

Yes.

The Rabarbaro Sfumato is absolutely delicious on its own, but I haven't found many applications where I prefer it to Zucca, which it was brought to the US market to replace. Mezcal is an obvious dance partner; here's a drink that the head bartender at Boston's Hojoko (my bar's sister bar) had me make him with Zucca but which I also like with the Sfumato:

1 oz Mezcal

1 oz Cappelletti Aperitivo (or Zucca)

1 oz Cappelletti Rabarbaro Sfumato

Stir, strain, rock, orange twist (though I like a lemon twist too). 

Have fun with the Nonino. It's a classic for a reason.

Rafa

Rafa

1 hour ago, Craig E said:

Which is a deeper rabbit hole, rums or amari? O.o

Yes.

The Rabarbaro Sfumato is absolutely delicious on its own, but I haven't found many applications where I prefer it to Zucca, which it was brought to the US market to replace. Mezcal is an obvious dance partner; here's a drink that the head bartender at Boston's Hojoko (my bar's sister bar) had me make him with Zucca but which I also like with the Sfumato:

1 oz Mezcal

1 oz Cappelletti Aperitivo (or Zucca)

1 oz Cappelletti Rabarbaro Sfumato

Stir, strain, rock, orange twist (though I like a lemon twist too). 

Have fun with the Nonino. It's a classic for a reason.