• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

Another option for a glut of peppers is to freeze them if they are going to be cooked and the texture doesn't matter.

Top and split down the middle, deseed, freeze on a sheet then store in a ziplock. I've done this with bell peppers as well as 

thai, jalapeno and scotch bonnets (although I freeze the thai and bonnets whole).

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

Another option for a glut of peppers is to freeze them if they are going to be cooked and the texture does matter.

Top and split down the middle, deseed, freeze on a sheet then store in a ziplock. I've done this with bell peppers as well as 

thai, jalapeno and scotch bonnets (although I freeze the thai and bonnets whole).