• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

3 minutes ago, Shelby said:

It's such hard work...but so rewarding when you hear those "pops" of the lids :) I always love seeing what people can.

Love the popping sound - I actually asked my husband to turn the music down because I was listening for "pops". His reply? "You're strange" LOL

I am editing to add that I neglected to give credit for the recipe. It is Annie's Salsa and I have been making it for years. Annie is also known as Wonder Woman on another cooking forum that I frequent. She gardens acres of stuff, has cattle, horses and chickens, cooks everything from scratch, decorates cakes, hosts huge family dinners, works elections... Annie went to the trouble of developing this recipe then having it approved by her county extension office to make sure it was safe to can with the hot water bath method. She is truly an amazing woman anad I admire her greatly.

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

2 minutes ago, Shelby said:

It's such hard work...but so rewarding when you hear those "pops" of the lids :) I always love seeing what people can.

Love the popping sound - I actually asked my husband to turn the music down because I was listening for "pops". His reply? "You're strange" LOL