• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

The pumpkin was in the dark corners of my freezer from TWO YEARS AGO.  It had been roasted and pureed and, I thought, well-drained. 

Did I mention how old it was?  

I don't actually like pumpkin all that much, except in pumpkin ravioli. Which, as you may have deduced, I never actually got around to actually making.

I need to get this freezer kinda clear for the New Meat.  Which is how I found those two cups of roasted pumpkin.   

Embedded in applesauce, dehydrated -- it tastes, honestly, excellent.  I might improve things with sweet potatoes, but I am fine with this here pumpkin function.

SLB

SLB

The pumpkin was in the dark corners of my freezer from TWO YEARS AGO.  It had been roasted and pureed and, I thought, well-drained. 

I don't actually like pumpkin all that much, except in pumpkin ravioli. Which, as you may have deduced, I never actually got around to actually making.

I need to get this freezer kinda clear for the New Meat.  Which is how I found those two cups of roasted pumpkin.   

Embedded in applesauce, dehydrated; it tastes, honestly, excellent.  I might improve things with sweet potatoes, but I am fine with this here pumpkin function.

SLB

SLB

The pumpkin was in the dark corners of my freezer from TWO YEARS AGO.  It had been roasted and pureed. 

Embedded in applesauce, dehydrated; it tastes, honestly, excellent.  I might improve things with sweet potatoes, but I am fine with this here pumpkin function.