• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

Seconding the BRILLIANT. 

Thanks, guys.  It's the tail end of the pepper season here (per the farmer's markets), and a friend who I'm planning to covid-visit (pre-game quarantine, testing, etc.), needs Shelby's Cowboy Candy as an arrival gift.  So I am especially glad for this sleuthing.

Meanwhile, you know what I need.  I need one of those Master-Preserver types to update the recipes from the "Preserving" Volume of the Time-Life "Good Cook" series.  There are some really interesting-sounding concoctions in there.  But I think you're not really supposed to use outdated recipes, or whatever.  Sigh . . . .

Hang in there, everyone.  It seems like it's gonna be a long winter.  

SLB

SLB

Seconding the BRILLIANT. 

Thanks, guys.  It's the tail end of the pepper season (per the farmer's markets), and a friend who I'm planning to covid-visit (pre-game quarantine, testing, etc.), needs Shelby's Cowboy Candy as an arrival gift.  So I am especially glad for this sleuthing.

Meanwhile, you know what I need.  I need one of those Master-Preserver types to update the recipes from the "Preserving" Volume of the Time-Life "Good Cook" series.  There are some really interesting-sounding concoctions in there.  But I think you're not really supposed to use outdated recipes, or whatever.  Sigh . . . .

Hang in there, everyone.  It seems like it's gonna be a long winter.